Are you worried about your teenagers getting into great colleges and universities? More importantly, are you stressed about how you're going to pay for your children's college education? You can find many answers by attending two college workshops offered by Lynn O'Shaughnessy through UCSD's K-12 Programs.
Shrinking the Cost of College Workshop - Fall 2012
Here is a sampling of the things you will learn at this workshop that focuses on the finances of college:
• How to tap into the biggest sources of college money.
• How to use the best tools on the Internet to find generous schools.
• How to discover what any college will really cost you before applying.
• Why it's not just 'A' students who can earn significant financial aid or scholarships from colleges.
Finding the Right College Workshop - Fall 2012
Here is a sampling of things you will learn at this workshop that focuses on critical academic and admission issues:
• Strategies to increase your child’s admission chances.
• How to evaluate colleges and universities academically.
• The real truth about college rankings.
• What you need to know about the SAT and ACT.
• What you need to understand about college majors.
Both workshops will be held from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. You will receive a 25% discount on tuition by enrolling in advance.
Learn more about the workshops by visiting The College Solution at TheCollegeSolution.com/workshops/ or contact UCSD's K-12 Programs at (858) 534-0804.
Lynn O'Shaugnessy is a nationally recognized higher-ed journalist, speaker and college consultant. She writes about college strategies for CBS MoneyWatch, US News & World Report and The College Solution.
Course Number: EVNT-70011 Credit: 0 units
Receive emails about upcoming K-12 College Exploration courses.
There are no sections of this course planned for the current quarter. Please contact the K-12 department for information about when this course will be offered again.